We recently had the chance to sit down and chat with Glu Mobile, Inc. (NASDAQ:GLUU) CEO Niccolo De Masi for our inaugural SeedStories podcast. Niccolo is the man behind the wildly successful Kim Kardashian: Hollywood mobile game.
Our wide-ranging conversation touches on:
- What he saw before others in the mobile gaming space, which enabled him to leverage celebrity-specific games as a catalyst for Glu.
- The types of things fellow entrepreneurs should be looking out for in their own markets to time their ventures and growth.
- How important it is for consumer-facing mobile companies to partner with celebrities or influencers to grow their brands.
- What it took to convince Kim that mobile gaming was the right way to go to engage her fans.
- If we’ve hit peak app in the iTunes Store.
- Glu’s approach to marketing its mobile games.
- The best piece of advice he has ever gotten as an entrepreneur and the number one piece of advice he’d offer a founder or any entrepreneur today.