With the cryptocurrency boom in 2017, Litecoin — one of the largest and most popular cryptocurrencies — grew in prominence as the ‘Silver to Bitcoin’s Gold’. As it scaled globally, the Litecoin Foundation was in need of a marketing team that understood how to compete for awareness amongst projects with much larger communities and greater recognition.
BMV assisted the Litecoin Foundation, in establishing a strategic marketing program to drive awareness of the project and the overall benefits of cryptocurrencies.
- BMV’s efforts focused on positioning Litecoin as the ideal cryptocurrency for global payments
- The agency executed the #PayWithLitecoin campaign to drive awareness of why and how companies and individuals around the world should consider Litecoin as a form of payment
- The campaign has consisted of an ongoing media relations program that has driven dozens of stories across a variety of mainstream and trade publications such as TechCrunch, CNBC, Business Insider, CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph, and many others
- A PayWithLitecoin microsite, a supporting social media campaign, and a grassroots local activation component
- Strategic support of key partnerships with major brands, including the UFC and Miami Dolphins, in order to amplify the #PayWithLitecoin movement