After raising $6.5M in Series A funding from Matrix Partners and Initialized Capital in 2017, Y Combinator-backed Open Listings partnered with BMV in 2018 to help the company stand out in the crowded real estate technology landscape, while increasing awareness among millennial homebuyers in markets such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, Seattle, and Dallas.
BMV assisted Open Listings in scaling its content marketing program to drive owned-to-earned media coverage that was of interest to both prospective homebuyers, key persona groups, and potential investors.
- The combined content marketing and PR efforts led to brand penetration within top-tier media outlets such as Cheddar, Fast Company, and CNBC.
- In the first six months of the campaign, BMV utilized regional launch announcements and data stories to secure coverage for Open Listings in over 24 stories, and in outlets with over 220 million in combined visitors.
- Targeted local PR efforts in key and new markets for Open Listings also secured coverage with the likes of the San Jose Mercury, CultureMap Austin, Dallas News, Dallas Business Journal and LABiz.
- The earned stories where Open Listings has been mentioned and featured have at least 257,000 unique views/reads.
- Furthermore, this coverage was social in nature with more than 25,000 social shares of stories involving Open Listings.
- Additionally, this coverage is also improving SERP for Openlistings.com. Inbound links have been secured within trusted media sources, and there is an average domain authority of 66 across the 24 media outlets that have covered Open Listings.
- Open Listings is acquired by real estate technology unicorn Opendoor.